During my bachelorette party, my sister/Maid of Honor presented me with a great little book of mini-scrapbook pages that had been personally made by each girl at my bachelorette party, and contained tons of their favorite recipes! I'm still working on trying each of them out at one point or another, but one of Brian & I's favorite "comfort" meals has become a super-easy meatloaf given to me by a great friend, Claire (hence its name Claire's Meatloaf!)
Claire's Meatloaf
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet Lipton's Onion Soup Mix*
1 egg
1 small can Tomato sauce
1 Medium-sized potato or 3 carrots
Oregano, optional
Combine beef, onion soup mix, and egg in a medium-sized bowl. Form in a greased loaf pan. Pour 1/2 of the small can of tomato sauce on top. Quarter either potato or carrots and place on top. Cook, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hrs on 350degrees, or until meat is cooked entirely through. I also enjoy sprinkling 1-2tsp. oregano on top of the tomato sauce layer or potato/carrot layer to give it a little extra flavor!
*Note: If you live near a Publix, their store brand of onion soup mix is fantastic and all I ever use for this recipe!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment